Monday, November 27, 2006

567. TAYLOR HAM, BACON, TOMATO, LETTUCE and CHEESE SANDWICH

a.k.a. the BLTTC


Taylor ham
bacon
lettuce
Provolone cheese
mayonnaise
honey mustard
salt and pepper

Grill the Taylor ham and the bacon. Add cheese to the Taylor Ham. Add the mayo, honey mustard, and tomato to a toasted sub roll. Add the meat and cheese to the roll. Top it off with lettuce, salt and pepper to taste.


courtesy of: Rich Myrlak, Rutherford, New Jersey / Jersey Pork Roll, 177 Stelton Road, Piscataway, New Jersey 08855, 1-866-4NJ-PORK

2 comments:

Casey Galatos said...

Thanks a lot for adding me on your Lovers list. I'll be doing the same at mine surely. Just to let u know I like these quick to make bacon recipes a lot.
I just made the BLTTC myself, but since I didn't have provolone cheese at home I had to substitute it with my regular cheese. Just wondered whether Provolene cheese had a peculiar taste of itself?
Regards, Casey

The Bacon Show said...

casey,

before i answer your question about provolone, let me ask: what kind of cheese did you use, and how was it on the sandwich? so often these things are subjective, and certainly one cheese will satisfy some, while repulsing others...

as for provolone, it is certainly not requisite for this sandwich; i actually enjoy the BLTT without cheese, on occasion...